Top Five Fall/Winter Wardrobe Staples with JillTuesday, October 06, 2009
Wardrobe staples are the "go-to" items in your wardrobe that never fail you... simply by adding a few items to them you have an instant outfit that is classic, chic and stylish!
1. A "wear with-everything-scarf". Scarves in fun and bold colors are great as the seasons change and the trends change. But having one scarf that you can pull out and wear with almost every outfit will make your outfits look timeless and pulled together with no effort at all! I like a cream colored scarf... but depending on your style - black, brown or even a metallic could work well!
2. Straight jeans. It's time to start rethinking the cut of your jeans. For eons it has been "boot-cut" - but hop on this new trend early and you won't be disappointed. Straight jeans are the new wave in denim cuts and are great for all body types. I really like J. Crew's Matchstick cut. They aren't "too" skinny and have a bit of stretch for all your curves.
3. Swing-y sweaters. They are comfy, sophisticated and make layering a snap. Open front cardigans like these are great to take the chill off the cooler days and nights and fit all body types. I love how versatile they are!
4. Metallic accessories. The richer the hue the better for this fall and winter. My current favorite? Gold flats. Or substitute for a gold belt or a gold handbag.
5. A great blazer! It can cover a plain old tee shirt or dress up a pair of jeans. My collection of blazers is growing... some old and some new, but all the "it" piece for this fall/winter! This is the favorite from my personal collection!
Thanks for having me Tonya! And happy shopping this fall and winter!